Saturday, June 04, 2005

Deep Throat

This is one of those issues that a few people have asked me about. However, I have very little to offer to what has already been said. I think at this point anyone who's anyone has contributed their two cents to the debate over whether he's a hero or a rat. I think there are fair points to be made on both sides of this debate, but what's done is done. I did want to comment about those pics from the 50's of Felt...you know, the one's where he's posing. They're kind of arty in a kind of pulp fiction way, aren't they? The hat tipped to the side just so, the left hand held diagonally, suspended at chest level, as if to say, "By the power vested in me by the United States government, I order you to surrender and put your hands up in an orderly manner!" The right hand holding a six shooter from the hip. The (somewhat) thin tie. Very Elliot Ness, no?

No comments: