Thursday, October 06, 2005

New York Rangers

I watched some of the replay of tonight's Rangers game versus the Canadiens. I'm surprised and impressed with the young Rangers. A lot of kids on the roster, but they're good, and they're not making rookie mistakes. Nor do they look terribly green. But more than anything, they're playing with heart, which is something that I haven't seen the Rangers play with since Gretzky and Messier were on the same squad.

Here's to hoping that the young Rangers keep it up. I can live with losing so long as the kids play with verve. After all, it's better to have a losing season with a bunch of kids than it is with a bunch of 36 year olds who signed with the Rangers for the retirement benefits.

I also like the new 4-on-4 overtime rule, though I'm not overjoyed about the shootout rule.

It just might be a good season after all.

No comments: