Saturday, December 30, 2006

Just For The Record

Having watched the liberal take on the hanging of Saddam Hussein, I've noted that liberal pundits and pollsters who are on the news consistently harken back to the fact that Osama bin Laden hasn't been captured or killed. I guess they cite this because they're trying to denigrate the importance of Saddam's execution. It matters not. It is an important event, one that shows that sometimes justice does get served. As for Osama bin Laden, I'm stating once again that....he's dead. What is my proof? It's all circumstantial, I admit. But ask yourself: When was the last time you saw bin Laden on video? Sure, he releases an audiotape ever six or so months. But how come his spiritual leader, Ayman al-Zawahiri, is always making videos (every month or two, it seems), but bin Laden never does? The CIA claims that these OBL audiotapes are, in fact, bin Laden. But then, how much faith can you put into an intelligence agency that a.) Predicted in 1980 that the USSR had a GDP of 3%-4% a year, which was a greater economic expansion than the U.S. b.) That was wholly surprised by the collapse of the Soviet Union in '91, as well as the crumbling of the Soviet Bloc in '89 c.) Failed to key into the 9/11 attacks, which were three years in the making? The CIA was gutted in the mid-70's, and it has never recovered. Maybe if a guy like James Jesus Angleton were still operating at CIA, I'd have some faith in their analysis. But....he's not.

Osama bin Laden is dead. Until I see his mug on a video, I'm assuming that I'm right. History will bear it out. And if I'm wrong, I'll admit it. Until then, I'm stickin' to my theory.

No comments: