Sunday, November 05, 2006

Online Radio

For those of you looking for some different music or stuff that you've never heard before, try Pandora. It's a free service, and I've heard some very good stuff on it. Just to give you an idea of how it works: You type in the band you want to hear, they find a station that plays that band, as well as other bands that are similar. Somehow after typing in "Emerson, Lake, and Palmer" I came across a band called Aphrodite's Child, featuring Vangelis. Never heard them before, and they turned out to be pretty good. As a result, I'm ordering one of their CDs from Amazon.

Current pop music is awful, but there's a wealth of stuff from the past that I've never heard. If discovering old music is my way of discovering new music....well, good enough.

1 comment:

JunieRose2005 said...

Hi,

Thanks for this info about 'Pandora.'

I'll take the time to check it out.

I have been on a quest the past couple years to catch up on all the music I missed through the years. (while I was otherwise busy being a mom and then a grandmother)
There's A LOT that is NEW to me!

I was thrilled with YouTube-but now I find a lot of the good stuff is being taken off! :(

Junie